Deadline: 28 April 2018
The World Bank Group with partnership of Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women are seeking applications for its “SDGs & Her Competition for Women Entrepreneurs”.
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future they want in 2030.”
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- The top winners will be recognized in April 2019 at an event on the margins of the 2019 World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington D.C.
- The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2HTxlZf