Free Hosting Providers For Beginners to Learn WordPress
Do you need a testing environment for your WordPress blog?
Free WordPress hosting is an idealistic way for testing.
Most of the newbies usually like to start with free hosting to learn WordPress & try things out, and after learning, they prefer to move to premium hosting services such as Bluehost, SiteGround or any other.
Many of you might not be knowing that there is a free version of WordPress. This is perfect for those who don’t need to learn about hosting but only wish to try out the WordPress dashboard for writing purposes. WordPress.com let you do that and is the first place that you should consider as a free web-host.
This free hosting has been recommended numerous time by our readers and upon closer inspection, I found this one worth adding into this list. This is a zero cost hosting with no ads and is idle for any WordPress beginner. They also recommend Hostinger for those who are looking for more power and ready to pay $1-2/month for the hosting.
Here are the features of 000Webhost:
- No script WordPress Auto-installer
- No Ads
- 1 GB disk space
- 10 GB bandwidth
What could be better than WordPress.com for building a WordPress site?
For those who are looking to get hands-on experience with WordPress, this is one of the best free options that you have.
The free plan comes with 3GB of disk space and Jetpack WordPress plugin. You can also customize your design by selecting from dozens of free themes. The support and onboarding process is beginner friendly. You should our guide on WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org to understand the difference between this free WordPress hosting and the one requires you to use your own hosting.
Highlights of free WordPress:
- Free Sub-domain (domain.Wordpress.com)
- 3 GB disk space
- Excellent support
- Free WordPress themes
- No FTP access
- Can’t use 3rd party WordPress plugins
- No cPanel access
3. AccuWebhosting (Free Hosting for students)
If you are a student in a well-known university, you can take advantage of Accuwebhosting free hosting plan for the student. This plan comes with 2 GB SSD storage and 30 GB bandwidth. You can install WordPress with a single click, get access to the database and also you can create 25 email addresses.
If you have an .edu email address, it improves your chances of taking advantage of this free offer for student. You can use the free hosting as long as you are in the university.
It also has very great features, and that’s why this is also in the top list. It offers you an FTP account, file manager, Control panel, free tech support, add-on domain and sub-domains and many more features. It has following brilliant features:-
- Best Thing is that you get Softaculous Auto Installer.
- 200 GB monthly transfer
- 1000 MB of the disk space.
- You can have 50 addon domains, 50 parked domains & 50 sub domains
- 5500 MB disk space
- 50 MySQL databases
- Free 24/7 support and also FTP account
- Control panel for your easy handling of the website.
- A good error page manager.
- Free hosting without any ads and pop-ups.
5. AWS Amazon
Amazon offers one year free VPS that you can use to test WordPress or even create any other kind of website. However, this requires a bit of technical knowledge in comparison with others. The good part is, there are well-documented tutorials with screenshots which will help you build your WordPress instance.
It’s is one of the oldest hosting providers since 2004 and provides cool offers and features at a zero cost. For your testing WordPress site, this is a great option.
Here are some of its features:-
- It has the latest version of Cpanel.
- Private Cloud hosting.
- Advanced versions of MySQL and PHP.
- There are never any forced ads.
- Provides good customer support.
Biz.nf allows you to host your WordPress blog in 2 minutes. It also gives you a .co.nf subdomain name. Its main features are:-
- 1000 MB web space
- 5000 MB of data transfer
- Host 1 Domain name free
- FREE domain name (.co.nf)
- Biz.nf hosting plans support a free hosting of WordPress blog and free Joomla hosting that includes an automatic installation.
- It provides PHP 4 and PHP 5 support. PHP7 support is missing.
- Free Site Builder tool
These are some of the best and free WordPress hosting providers. However, always remember that you should never host your professional blog or high traffic website on these free hosting. Because they can suspend your hosting account anytime without warning you or without any reason.
Therefore, before you move forward and buy any one of the above, let’s look at its cons.
Disadvantages Of Using Free WordPress Hosting Providers
- Limited Space and Bandwidth: Free hosting has limited space and bandwidth. The bandwidth can be seen as the number of visitors allowed on your website per month.
- Very Poor Customer Support: Free web hosting has terrible customer support. You will be helpless if you got stuck anywhere in the installation or if you have any problem.
- No Backup System: Free users are not allowed to backup their site. If anything bad happens to your blog, then you will be unable to backup your blog.
- Risk of Getting Banned or Suspended Account: There is always a fear of getting banned or suspended while using free hosting. They can ban your account any time without giving any reason and warning.
- Affects SEO: If you are hosting your blog on any of the free hosting company, then uptime is not guaranteed. Every downtime of the site adversely affects the ranking of your website.
Hit the sharing icon